The Results Are In: Telehealth is LEGIT!
What do you get when you cross a person in physical pain with a worldwide pandemic? Tah-dah – Telehealth!
Within the midst of a global pandemic, rehab providers have been turning to online telehealth services to ensure patients receive a continuity of care. Until recently, there hasn’t been a lot of data to support or contradict telehealth as a worthy alternative to in-clinic visits. But recently, a large-scale study, conducted by healthcare giant Net Health, looked at over 40,000 telehealth episodes. Well, the results are in. Telehealth is a game changer!
What We Discovered
- The study proves the effectiveness of telehealth in providing flexible care options during a pandemic. Telehealth can:
- promote patient confidence
- drive better attendance numbers
- sustain the continuity of care for existing patients.
- Episodes of care involving telehealth had an average of 2-3 fewer visits, suggesting use of telehealth may promote greater efficiency of care.
- Patients were equally satisfied with their therapy care regardless of whether any care visits were administered using telehealth.
Suggestions for Moving Forward
- Feel confident that telehealth can be effective for patient care during a pandemic
- Start by just phasing in a few telehealth visits for certain patient conditions
- Consider integrating telehealth with traditional on-site, in-clinic care (which we call our Blended Approach)
If you’re interested in learning more about how telehealth can improve your life or the life of a loved one, contact us today.